Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last Post

I don't know how to make this last post on this blog short but sweet. I know some of you that were following me were pretty much abandoned months back. There is an explanation for it but, as you can imagine, it's hard to talk about.

Trying to keep it short, things went horribly wrong in a very bad way. Kismet continued to have severe meltdowns and finally, several days after Christmas, we had to get the police involved. She had kicked Brad in the ribs and may have cracked them, although Brad never went to the doctor so we don't know for sure. We just couldn't handle her alone. The day after the police had picked her up, she was back in our house having another meltdown and we had to call the police again. Her mood changed drastically, she suddenly became an angel but I'd had all I could take and asked for her to be removed. So she was. She is currently residing in the state hospital under their care but is apparently not doing well there, either.

The removal of Kismet from our home caused a lot of stress and tension between me and Brad. He had made an emotional commitment to her that final week before she left (and I had not, of course), and he has been very angry with me for a long time. We are working through some of this stuff in therapy right now and hope things improve.

Moon Unit left shortly after her last episode in our house and moved to Boise. She stayed in a shelter up there for a few months but is now working and has an apartment of her own and is doing well for herself. I'm proud of her for doing what she needed to do to finally jump start her life. While the way she left was far less than ideal, she is doing what she needed to do for a long time. She has friends for the first time in years and I think she's finally starting to grow up. What more could I ask for?

As for this blog, the reason I've decided not to continue with this is because this blog failed to be what I wanted it to be. I seriously lost my sense of humor and felt depressed by all that had happened. I wanted this to track our lives as parents but our lives became a minefield. I feel like trying to keep this blog moving is like walking back into that minefield and I can't do it.

However, I went back to an old blog I started years back, one that has no scarring emotional connections to it, and have just turned the old engine over to bring it back to life. I have no intentions of doing the same thing with it that I did with this one and I hope that those of you who followed me me here will follow me there. http://liquid-consciousness.blogspot.com/ Thanks for following me, for listening to me, for sympathizing and empathizing and know that your interest meant the world to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment